Blog Archive

Kids and Cousin

Kids and Cousin

Sunday, May 23, 2010

GENESIS
So...today it begins. I always swore I would never have a blog. Something about it seems like one more way for people to not actually have a conversation. Yet here I am. I don't think I am an avid, every day, full-disclosure sort of blogger, but we shall see. I have so many small adventures every day that even though it is possible that no one will be interested in them, I now have somewhere to put them.
Today feels like day one of really farming. I had to get up first thing to see that the chickens were fed and watered. I think it might really sink in the first time my little rooster crows at sunrise. I even, (inadvertently) put on my overalls when I got up. I say inadvertently because I didn't intend or today to be farm day 1, it just is.
Maybe when I have had more sleep, and I can see the computer screen through not-so-tired eyes, I will detail the building of the coop, the moving of the chickens, and post some pictures of them roosting, scratching, and pecking happily in their new home.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, "inadvertantly put on my overalls" Just seemed funny to me! :)

    I have some friends that started raising chickens last year and not only built a coop but entered it in a contest and tied for 1st place. I am looking forward to the world of farming insight as told by "you" :)

    ReplyDelete